Green Oak Swimathon
About The Event
A fundraiser event to raise awareness and funds for The Green Oak Initiative’s helpline for healthcare workers. Our goal is to appreciate all the persistent hard work our frontline warriors have put in with or without the pandemic often at the expense of their own physical and mental health. Swimming is a great symbol of perseverance and grit. It’s a physically and mentally refreshing activity, sometimes asking people to overcome their fears and inhibitions to dive in. By participating in this swimathon, we hope that people will be able to spread awareness about the perseverance healthcare workers have displayed consistently.
- Low fee mental health clinic for underprivileged communities.
- Cognitive enrichment groups for seniors with Dementia.
- Rehab groups for people recovering from severe mental illness.
- Community events like book club and movie club.
The swimathon will have four categories of distance;
Participants can register as individuals for the elite categories of 10k or 5k. For the 2k or 1k they can register as either individuals or in groups. Once they register and pledge the distance they’re committing to, they can gather support from friends and families to raise funds and build awareness. For the 2k or 1k we encourage groups of healthcare workers to pledge a distance and swim as long as they can, to encourage other healthcare workers to take notice of their physical and mental health.
- All Swimmers will receive a completion certificate.
- This event will be conducted in a shallow 4 Feet pool and swimmers can take a break if they need to.
- Swimmers are requested to carry appropriate swimwear, caps, towels, and any other personal requirement.
Location of the event: Nisha Millet’s Swimming Academy @Coolulu Turfpark, Koramangala.
Date: 16th January, 2022.
Time: 6 AM to 12 PM.
See you at the pool.
COVID SAFETY MEASURE
All adult swimmers and supporters must have completed two doses of vaccination. Minor swimmers must be accompanied by a consenting adult. RT-PCR will be required prior to participation.
Support Our Cause
Help our cause by donating today. All donations go directly to making a difference.